Wow it's been 10 days since I've blogged and I really feel like I've abandoned my blog after just 10 days. I've been busy but I've still been keeping up with all the wonderful blogs I read and I was pleased to see that the lovely Domestic Goddess Wannabe from karen and nigella had bestowed me with a Stylish Blogger award. Check out her blog it's always updated with brill recipes.
There are four rules to taking part - thank and link to the blogger who nominated you; share seven things about yourself; award 15 new bloggers, and tell them you have done it. I will be passing the baton to:
I found it really hard to thing of 7 things about me (I can't be that boring right) but I found it really hard to think on the spot but here we go.
1) I love my music and always wished I could play an instrument but I don't have the patience. I like many types of music but mainly rock and metal and my fave bands include, Biffy Clyro, Clutch, Incubus, Killswitch Engage, RATM, AC/DC and many many more. I adore live gigs.
2) I live with my lovely boyfriend and a very naughty border collie pup called Clyro. Clyro likes to chew things he shouldn't especially if those things are electricals belonging to my boyfriend. Clyro's favourite is playstation pads.
3) As you know I love making cakes and baking but I also like to try my hand at making jewellery and clothes now and again. My mum has worked as a dress maker and this Christmas she got me a sewing machine of my own.
4) I studied film and TV at university and I used to work for the extreme sports channel. One day I hope to go back to working in television.
5) I love to read and will read pretty much any genre of book. I do like Sci fi and Fantasy though and that also is what I like to watch on TV although I do have a guilty pleasure which is I love to watch Americas next top model.
6) As I said I studied film I have many Faves but a few I can watch over and over are: The Big Lebowski, Withnail and I, Almost Famous and anything that can make me laugh.
7) I talk way too much and way too fast.
So there you go.
Anyway on to Cupcakes:
I wanted to bake much more this weekend but I was rather busy so I have postponed some of my planned baking however I did have an order from a friend for some Valentines themed cupcakes and here they are:
I made some Vanilla and some Chocolate and decorated with Vanilla and Chocolate Butter cream and Fondant hearts, Love hearts, sprinkles and jelly lips.
The vanilla cakes were baked with a smaller red heart shaped cake inside each one like so:
the theory being that when you slice them in half there's a secret red heard in the centre. I got the idea from a wonderful site called bake it in a cake My hearts were a little bigger than I think they should have been and Not as red/pink as I would have liked them.
Unfortunately I don't have a pic of mine cut in half as I'm dozy and accidentally deleted it but they were no were near as good as the bake it in a cake ones though, even though they still tasted great.
The recipe for the Chocolate Cupcakes and frosting are here
And that's it. Hopefully I'll get round to doing all the baking I've postponed over the past few days and there will be another Valentine's themed (All be it an untimely one) blog soon
Anyway bye for now