Sunday 12 September 2010

Raspberry cheesecake brownies.

Hey all,

Phew, it's been a busy weekend for baking and tasty treats there's been bread baking, cheesecake making and a visit to the Liverpool food and drink festival. So as I sit here full of Thai food, free samples and allot of cake I thought I'd fill you in on the most sinful of treats I made this weekend.

On Saturday mummy dropped of some fresh raspberry's from her garden and of course I had to make them In to the most unhealthy thing I could think of which was Hummingbird bakery's Raspberry  cheesecake brownies.

Now I'm not a religious girl but If I was the Hummingbird bakery in London would be my Church and their recent book all about cakes would be my bible. The recipes In the book do often need a bit of tweaking with quantities but never fail to produce the tastiest of cookies and cakes which are always unashamedly fattening.

And here's the finished brownie:



And how it's done:

Brownie:
200g Dark Chocolate
200g Unsalted Butter
250g Icing Sugar
3 Eggs
110g Plain Flour

Cheesecake:
400g Cream cheese
150g Icing Sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
2 Eggs

Cream Topping:
300ml Double Cream
100g Icing Sugar
150g Raspberry's (plus extra to decorate)

33x23x5cm baking tray lined with greaseproof paper

Preheat oven to 170c/ gas 3
For the brownie: Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of water. Beat the butter ans sugar together until well incorporated, add the eggs one at a time until mixed well. Gradually beat in the flour mixing well after each addition until you get a smooth mixture. Slowly pour in the melted chocolate and mix thoroughly. Pour into the baking tray and smooth over.


Then start on the cheesecake:

Beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla together until smooth and thick. Add the eggs one at a time mixing well. The mixture should be smooth and creamy but be careful not to over mix or the cheese will split. Spoon on top of the brownie mixture and smooth over. Bake in the oven for 30-40 mins or until the cheesecake is firm to the touch and light golden around the edges.

Leave to cool completely then refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.

For the cream topping:
Put the cream, sugar and raspberry's in a bowl and beat with an electric whisk until firm but not stiff. Lift the brownie out onto a board and spread the topping evenly over the top and decorate with more raspberry's.

This one requires quite a bit of effort but trust me it's yummy! However next time I think I'd make less of the brownie mix and possibly increase the cheesecake part, but that's personal preference.

Let me know what you think!

Bye for now

Cupcake Kris

No comments: